, Mango & Fresh AvocadoCreated by Alexander Kady
*Chipotle Chili Salt:
- 1.75 ounce Patrón Reposado
- .5 ounce Patrón Citrónge Mango
- .5 ounce light agave syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- .25 medium avocado
- Short dash celery bitters
- Short dash grapefruit bitters
- Chipotle chili salt*
- Sliced mango for garnish
1/2 cup of salt : 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out half of one side and add to cocktail tin, mashing with spoon until soft.
2. Add liquid ingredients to the tin, use a spoon to release avocado from the side of the tin, and “dry shake” the contents (without ice) until the avocado is broken up and emulsified.
3. Rim a double old fashioned glass with chipotle chili salt* and fill with ice.
4. Add ice to shaker tin and shake vigorously until well chilled.
5. Use a mesh strainer to “fine strain” the cocktail into the iced glass. Garnish with a ribbon of mango.