tomato sauce, red onion, burrata, and basil pizza
A classic pizza recipe that's ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 can crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sugar, to taste
- 1 12" unbaked crust
- 1/2 red onion, sliced as thinly as possible
- 1 ball burrata, torn into pieces
- handful of small leaves from 1 bunch of basil
- Place tomatoes and garlic into a blender and slowly add oil while blending.
- Blend until tomatoes are puréed, about 30 seconds.
- Ladle the sauce over the unbaked crust.
- Scatter the onion and burrata over the sauce.
- Bake in the oven according to dough instructions, then sprinkle the basil over the pizza.
Published on August 20, 2014 - 3:38am EDT