thyme roasted turkey
A touch of thyme turns the traditional dish around.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 2 boneless turkey breast halves, skin on 2 1/4lbs each
- 2 turkey drumsticks, about 3/4lb each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500. Place the turkey pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub them with olive oil, then sprinkle on all sides with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Make sure breasts are skin side up and spread out as much as possible, without touching any of the other pieces. Cook in the middle rack of the oven for 50 minutes.
Published on July 07, 2014 - 7:00pm EDT