A healthy, vegetarian, colorful dish in 30 minutes or less.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into 1⁄2" strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced into 1⁄2" strips
- 2 orange bell peppers, sliced into 1⁄2" strips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, optional
- Place a wide, heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic just starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- Add the fennel seeds, salt, and black pepper, and cook, stirring often and scraping up seeds from the bottom. Cook until the peppers are softened, but not mushy, about 7 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with red-pepper flakes, if desired, and serve.
Published on August 18, 2014 - 2:01pm EDT