photography by BEN DENZER FOR ICECREAMBOOKS.COM
Not only is June 21 the first official day of summer, but it's also (conveniently) the longest day of the year, giving us plenty of time to celebrate, of course. So we rounded up a few of our favorite summer solstice activities to help you make the most of your day and to get you excited about the fun-filled months ahead. Take a look!
1. Devour the biggest ice cream cone you can get your hands on, but don't forget to snap an obligatory Instagram pic first.
2. Find the perfect summer-inspired art print to match your style—from preppy sailboat illustrations and ocean sunrises to pineapples and retro RVs.
3. Meet friends for an al fresco dinner with the yummiest, most picturesque spread possible.
photography by LAUREN WELLS
photography by MEGHAN MCNEER
photography by PHUONG NGUYEN
7. Decorate your outdoor patio with string lights and greenery to transform it into the ultimate summer hangout. Dare to make it as dreamy as Whitney Leigh Morris's backyard oasis.
8. Compile the ultimate summer bucket list with friends, including must-see rooftop bars, concerts, and activities. Make a promise to yourself to check off every single item by the end of the season.
9. Put together your own summer playlist to jam to all season long.
photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
13. Take refuge from the heat and make DIY spiked summer punch with friends.
14. Create your own personalized watermelon pizza, using inspiration from these recipes.
15. Invest in the chicest boxed wine you can find and imbibe as you watch the sun go down with friends.
Be sure to let us know what you're choosing to do to celebrate!
This story is part of our special 100 Days of Summer series. You can find more tips and fun ideas here.
The Top 8 Best Cities (In Europe!) To Book a Trip to This Summer
Art That's Like a Splash of Summer in Your Living Room
Summer Punch Recipes to Enjoy Poolside