photography by PHUONG NGUYEN
Can’t get out of the city? Never fear: Consider this your go-to guide for getting the most out of the season. As part of our 100 Days of Summer package, we’ll be giving you tips on how to have the most fun in the sun in five cities across the country. We’ve brought you the best of NYC, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and San Francisco, but we can’t forget about the Emerald City. As the classic saying goes: Always save the best for last, right?
photography by SEATTLE ART MUSEUM
3. Purchase a ticket to the annual Sunset Supper at Pike Marketplace on August 18 for food and drink under the stars.
4. Amaze yourself with contemporary artist Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrors exhibition at the Seattle Art Museum.
5. Imbibe at the Washington Beer Collaboration Festival on August 19, which features 27 unique collaboration beers.
photography by CHIHULY GARDEN AND GLASS
6. Explore the iconic Chihuly Garden and Glass for a studio glass art experience unlike any other.
7. Catch a showing of Much Ado About Nothing or Pericles from the Seattle Shakespeare Company at a park near you.
8. Get your brunch on all summer long. Try the Spicy Kimchee Rice at The London Plane, the Chimichurri Steak and Eggs at Terra Plata, or the Breakfast Pizza at Stoneburner.
photography by STONEBURNER
9. Spend a day at Alki Beach Park. Whether you choose to have a picnic in the grass or to bask on the warm sand, it’s bound to be a perfect day in the sun.
10. Browse our favorite home design stores in the city for the perfect pieces to match your signature style.
11. Get your caffeine-fix from one of Seattle’s beloved shops– like Caffe Vita, Caffè Fiore, and Victrola Coffee Roasters.
photography by UNICORN BAR
12. For an eclectic and quite possibly life-changing dive-bar experience, check out the carnival-themed Unicorn Bar. Feast on deep-fried snickers, vegan quinoa tots, and their glorious corn dogs. Plus, their drink menu is a work of art in itself.
13. Wait in line at Molly Moon’s homemade ice cream for an Instagrammable treat.
This story is part of our 100 Days of Summer package.
Before & After: Seattle Suburb Space Gets a Posh, Polished Makeover
Boho Meets Modern in This Light and Airy Home
The 12 Best Home Design Stores in Seattle