red, white, and blueberry pavlova
This classic combo of meringues, whipped cream, and berries can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 1 pint (1⁄2 lb.) strawberries, stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 30 small meringue cookies (two 5-oz. packages)
- 3 pints (1 1⁄2 lbs.) blueberries
- Place strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender, and blend on high until the mixture becomes liquid and uniform, about 10 seconds.
- Place heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioners’ sugar in a
bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form, 4 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble,
evenly divide the strawberry mixture among 10 plates.
- Place three meringues in a triangle on each plate, followed by a generous dollop of whipped cream (about
1⁄3 cup). Top with blueberries and serve with a spoon and knife.
Published on May 30, 2014 - 6:00am EDT