ramp pesto, manila clams, and lemon zest pizza
A flavorful twist on everybody's favorite food.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 2 handfuls of ramp tops, washed nd spun dry
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted until golden
- 1/3-1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 12" unbaked pie crust
- 1 pound Manila clams
- 1/2 cup white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- Place ramp tops, Parmesan, and salt in a food processor until ramps start to break down.
- Add pine nuts, and slowly add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of olive oil while processing until nearly smooth.
- Spread the pesto over the unbaked crust and bake according to crust instructions
- Place a large stockpot over high heat and add the last 3 tablespoons of olive oil and clams.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix and add white win to and cover.
- Steam until clams open 3 to 4 minutes remove stock pot from heat and move clams and cooking liquid to a bowl.
- Place clams over the baked shell and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquid over the top.
- If clams have cooled at all return the pizza to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes to reheat.
- Scatter zest over the pizza.
Published on August 03, 2014 - 3:43am EDT