potato salad with cornichons
Zesty pickles and fresh tarragon give a modern spin to French potato salad.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 3 lbs red creamer potatoes (about 24)
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 20 cornichons, cut in half lengthwise
- 10 leaves fresh tarragon, torn
- Place the potatoes, garlic cloves, and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot. Cover with 3 inches of cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, let cool, and cut into quarters. Discard garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Stir until uniform. Add the olive oil. Stir again. Add the cooked potatoes, cornichons, and tarragon. Toss to coat.
Published on July 16, 2014 - 3:27am EDT