Serve this twist on classic peach melba in glass dishes to show off its colorful swirls.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Combine half the raspberries, 1⁄2 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add remaining raspberries.
- Stir to combine and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Melt butter, then pour it over the pears; toss with the remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Transfer pears to a small baking sheet, and cook at 425ºF for about 20 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with ice cream and a few spoonfuls of raspberry sauce.
Published on August 04, 2014 - 1:06am EDT