pasta with raw tomato sauce
Pasta with raw tomato sauce is a colorful, practically no-cook dish.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes of varying color and size, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 lb. strozzapreti or casarecce pasta
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- torn shaved Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, pesto, and garlic.
- Stir well, cover, and let marinate at room temperature, 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Remove garlic. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain and toss with the tomato mixture.
- Stir in basil leaves and top with shaved Parmesan.
Published on August 04, 2014 - 11:19pm EDT