A garden-fresh, unmashed version of the standard British side: minty peas.
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 bags frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 30 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Place salt and 1/4 cup of water in a large pot over high heat. When it comes to a boil, add peas, stir, and cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender, about 13 minutes.
- Turn off heat; add butter, mint, and pepper, and toss.
Published on June 08, 2014 - 5:00am EDT