Setting the table tends to take two forms. We either functionally arrange plates and silverware for hurried meals at home, or we fret and fuss over the “fancy” table at holidays and special occasions. Neither scenario sounds like much fun to us, so we’re changing the routine, and having fun while we do it. By mixing your finest dishes with your favorite meals (no special occasion required!), you can start enjoying every table, effortlessly. Here, we’ll welcome you to two tables, both beautifully styled in Lenox to offer you and your guests a chic, but certainly comfortable place to enjoy meals and moments together. You can shop these Lenox collections and more here!
photography by Michael Wiltbank
styling by Elaina Sullivan
styling by Elaina Sullivan
- Pick Your Palette: Select a color grouping that speaks to you, and plays off of the dishes you have at home. Major stretches out of your comfort zone are necessary, you’ll be surprised what you can do with the colors you’re naturally drawn to! Keep colors in a similar family, but blend in a few neutrals or slight veers off course too, to keep things from looking or feeling too matchy.
- Mix & Match: The dishes you’ve had forever don’t have to hide around your new Lenox finds. Blending your favorites together will create a welcoming, creative tablescape where everyone feels comfortable.
- Play With Scale: Another way to avoid your table looking too “done” is to play with the scale of your dishes. Small and large dishes and serving pieces can feel perfectly at home together. Feel free to break rules and serve on any size plate you wish, regardless of the dish!
- Add Low-Maintenance Accents: Small arrangement of fresh blooms (no need to focus on more than one kind), are all you need to create a well-styled tablescape. The effortless nature of mini-bouquets evokes a feeling of attainable elegance, something we can all be inspired by.
- Serve What You Love: The food that comforts you will comfort who you serve, too! Your favorite go-to dishes will feel instantly more special when served atop a thoughtful table adorned in dishes we typically neglect in the every-day. Serving dishes you love and know well means you’ll have more time for enjoying time at your table.
- Get Inspired By A Place You Love: An alternative to taking inspiration from color, allow places and spaces you love to inspire you, too. Recreating a favorite memory on your tabletop will inspire a good mood, instantly. (Maybe it will inspire the menu, too)?
- Set Your Solids: Start with your solid colors first. This will set a firm base for the table and allow you to gradually bring in accent pieces and prints, while knowing you have plenty of solid pieces for serving. (Food will look better on solids).
- Top Your Table: It’s as simple as picking wildflowers, or grabbing a few blooms and greens from your garden. Even a bowl of fresh fruit or whole veggies can offer a visual layer of interest atop the table. Don’t overcomplicate things—just add accents that feel relaxed and fun to you.
- Add The Unexpected: Now is the perfect time to bring in a bit of print! Lenox has perfect pieces for adorning your table in a bit of fun and bold color. You don’t need to overdo it, just a touch of punchy print will go a long way.
- Serve Simply: The best brunches are those that don’t require a lot of “cooking.” Bagels and lox, bite-sized offerings, low-effort brunch foods are some of the most scrumptious, and also look photogenic for your most Instagramable memories.