lemony steamed broccoli
Broccoli with a touch of lemon zest makes an excellent side.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 2 bunches of broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Put a steamer insert inside a medium size pot, add water up to steamer bottom, cover, and place over high heat. Trim broccoli into florets, discarding tough stems.
- Put florets inside steamer and cook, covered for 7 minutes. Transfer to large serving bowl with remaining ingredients, and toss to combine.
Published on July 07, 2014 - 4:00pm EDT