Make tasty toasts with holiday leftovers.
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 12 slices bread, butter and toasted
- 1 cup cherry cranberry sauce, see below (or regular cranberry sauce)
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 roasted squash, cut into bite size pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Spread cranberry sauce or ricotta cheese on each toast.
- Top cranberry sauce with 1 slice bacon and arugula.
- Top ricotta cheese with squash, lemon zest and thyme.
- Drizzle all with olive oil.
Published on November 27, 2015 - 5:00am EST