homemade eggnog with maple syrup and fresh nutmeg
A rich and creamy medley from black-eyed suzie's upstate, chilled to perfection.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart whole milk, old fashioned - preferably Ronnybrook Farm Dairy's Creamline Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 ounces bourbon (optional)
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Beat the egg yolk with the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Beat the milk into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they are frothy, and add them into the bowl with the milk mixture. Beat to incorporate.
- Add the freshly grated nutmeg and bourbon to the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve!
Published on November 03, 2013 - 1:35pm EST