A warm rendition of a holiday classic, featuring a unique blend of hearty flavors with an intriguing citrus accent, from Mixologist Jeremy Strawn of Bo's Kitchen & Bar Room.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- burnt orange peel for garnish
- Blend the egg and the simple syrup in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the heavy cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and simple syrup mixture.
- Return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the rum, and garnish with the orange peel.
Published on November 03, 2013 - 1:41pm EST