An avocado-based dip that steals the party spotlight. For good reason.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 avocados
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños or similar medium-hot pepper, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl.
- Add the vegetables and half the lime juice, and mash the mixture with a fork until the avocado is mostly smooth.
- Add remaining lime juice if needed, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Published on August 13, 2014 - 4:02am EDT