gazpacho bloody mary
Chunks of fresh tomato, a jumbo shrimp, and a shot of vodka bring this hearty take on the world’s best hangover cure halfway between a cocktail and an appetizer.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1⁄2 lb. beefsteak tomatoes cut into chunks
- 4 Kirby cucumbers (3 peeled and chopped and 1 quartered into spears)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- a few drops Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 6 oz. gin or vodka
- 4 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, jalapeños, tomato juice, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until not quite smooth, with some texture remaining.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, Tabasco, and celery seed.
- Fill an ice-cube tray (12 cubes) with this mixture and freeze until solid.
- Refrigerate the remaining mixture at least 1 hour, or overnight, to let the flavors marry.
- Stir in the vodka and divide mixture among four glasses.
- Add 3 cubes to each glass and garnish with a cucumber spear and a shrimp.
Published on August 04, 2014 - 12:23am EDT