Frozen Lime Pie
frozen lime pie
Inspired by the key lime pie at Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami Beach, this tangy classic is pure refreshment.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- zest of 1 1⁄2 limes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- lime wheels for decoration
- In an oiled 9" pie plate, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter until the mixture holds together
- Press evenly into bottom and sides of pie plate to form crust. In a separate bowl
- combine sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Stir for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Pour into crust
- Place heavy cream in a mixing bowl and, with an electric mixer, blend on high until stiff peaks form. Add sugar and blend another 10 seconds.
- Spread whipped cream on top of lime mixture and place in freezer for 4 hours. Just before serving, decorate with lime wedges.
Published on July 01, 2014 - 8:38am EDT