a pastry made with brie and fig.
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- honey, for drizzle
- 4 oz. Brie cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 2-12 cup muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut thawed puff pastry into 12, 3 inch squares. Carefully press each square into muffin cup with your finger, being careful not to tear.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and quickly press center of pastry with handle of wooden spoon. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon fig preserves and piece of brie cheese.
- Place back into oven again, and bake another 6 to 8 minutes more or until cheese is melted and puff pastry is golden brown.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with thyme as garnish and serve warm.
Published on December 07, 2015 - 5:00am EST