missed our summer issue?
it’s not too late!
domino magazine: summer 2016 issue
Summer is the official season of FUN, a word we definitely think our latest issue embodies. We’d also describe it as very much minimalist, metallic, neon, and fruit-filled. It’s not all fun and games, though. There are some serious lessons in there, too. Keep reading to learn how to master the art of summer designing, decorating, and entertaining—sophisticated Jell-O shots included.
things we learned from Our summer issue
- Sorry, #shelfie. Cool cabinets are having a moment. Take Alyson Fox’s very metallic bathroom, for instance.
- Minimalism doesn’t have to be boring. Take this triangular mirror in blogger Pennyweight’s Nashville home.
- If you’re going to be entertaining outside, you NEED an outdoor bar cart. (Don’t worry, there are a ton of different ways to use it.)
- The ombre trend is alive and well—in the home Linda and John Meyers, aka the soap and candle masterminds behind Wary Meyers.
- Jell-O shots have officially graduated from college.
This basil-infused watermelon recipe
- The key to a beautiful apartment is still having good bones. See: The white-painted exposed brick wall and beamed ceilings in cool couple Daphne Javitch and Pali Xisto Cornelsen’s apartment.
- Life as a toddler really can be that chic. This is a custom daybed for two-and-a-half-year-old Liles. Yeah, we’re jealous.