carrots with ginger butter
Steamed, then slathered with a gingery butter, these carrots are elegant and slightly exotic.
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 24 medium carrots, peeled, with 1" of green top remaining
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Bring 2" of water to a boil in a large pot. Place carrots in a large steamer basket and cook, covered, until tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Remove carrots from steamer, and top with spoonfuls of butter mixture while still hot. Toss to coat.
Published on December 10, 2013 - 3:00am EST