The Black Ruby
A spirited way to use fresh, in-season blackberries this summer. Try this as a starter cocktail before your next dinner party!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1/8 cup blackberries
- 5 mint leaves
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur
- 2 ounces sweet and sour
- mint sprig and lime wedge garnish
- salted or sugared rim
- In a measuring pitcher or glass, muddle the blackberries until most of the berries have been crushed and a small amount of juice is present.
- Pour the mixture through a filter to strain out the pulp and seeds.
- In a new measuring pitcher, muddle the mint and tequila until the tequila begins to turn green or you've reached your desired amount of mint flavoring.
- To catch the mint pieces, strain the mint tequila mixture as you add it to the blackberry juice.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add the orange liqueur, homemade sweet and sour, and blackberry mint tequila combination.
- Shake it for several seconds to mix and chill.
- Strain into a glass packed with ice and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint and a lime wedge.
Published on February 21, 2016 - 5:00pm EST