For our Market Vegetables there are three components: the avocado puree, the mixed vegetables, and the sesame seasoning that goes on top.
- 2 Avocados peeled and pitted
- 1.5 ounces of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 generous pinch of chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup cold water (you may not use all of it)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the first five ingredients in a blender. Add a splash of cold water and puree, seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Stream in the sesame oil and then the olive oil until blended. Sesame Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey powder (can be bought in most health food stores)
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
To assemble the bowl:
1. Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and season them with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
2. Spread the avocado puree on the bottom of the plate and place the seasoned, mixed vegetables on top of the puree.
3. Garnish with the sesame seasoning.Market Vegetables*
We use a selection of vegetables that are in season. You can use any of the following vegetables - slightly roasted, pickled, or raw: cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, radishes, cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas, snap peas, and asparagus.
For more information about Bartels and Bar Sardine and its sister restaurants, visit happycookingnyc.com