In Partnership with
Winter means more time cozying up indoors. But comfy doesn’t have to—and frankly, shouldn’t—mean characterless. Curating a space that’s warm, inviting, and stylish takes work. Luckily, Ballard Designs has the antidote to your humdum dwelling. We’ve long been a fan of the retailer’s European-influenced esthetic, and the new collection takes it to a whole new level with everything from sumptuous linens and globally-sourced wall décor to elegant entertaining essentials and beautifully-designed furnishings. So, whether you want to revamp your residence or simply add some well-traveled flair to your flat, we’ve got you covered. Ahead, our favorite ambiance-enhancing finds from Ballard Designs’ new collection—plus, styling tips to help you put it all together.
1. Professional designers and savvy at-home decorators know that the easiest way to update cabinets is with new hardware. Acrylic and polished nickel pulls add a sleek, contemporary touch to your bathroom or kitchen. For something more traditional, consider antique brass quatrefoil flourishes.
Acrylic Cabinet Pull
Abigail Cabinet Pull
2. Give your kitchen a taste of Italy. A trio of distressed mango wood shelves are prime for cucina organization. Thoughtful features—cradles to display wine bottles and slots to hang glasses—enhance the functionality, while hand-forged metal brackets lend a rustic feel. Character-rich accents, like hand-carved pizza paddles and a blue-and-white ceramic platter, add a major dose of old-world allure.
Found European Pizza Paddles
3. Need a bit more bathroom storage? Pro tip: You can turn an awkward alcove into useful space with the help of an ideally-sized unit. This handsome cabinet is equipped with customizable open shelves for organizing bathroom essentials in style, and a closed bottom section for concealing more personal items.
4. Stop neglecting the space above your cabinets. Instead, create a vignette with a few well-placed accessories. An antique key evokes Victorian-era elegance, which is exquisitely balanced by the colorblocked bowl and a stack of contemporary cookbooks.
Antique Key Wall Décor
5. Farmhouse meets industrial chic. The beauty of this space is in striking contrasts.
A mixed-material table—acid-washed zinc atop a hardwood trestle base—surrounded by vintage schoolhouse chairs. Classic porcelain dishes coupled with cobalt glassware, a coordinating runner, and fresh blooms create an arresting tablescape.
Tatum Trestle Dining Table
Bunny Williams Campbell House Dinnerware Collection
6. The secret to catching quality zzzs? A bedroom that blends serenity and style. This cozy, tufted headboard comes in 200 upholstery options! Dreamy linens and patterned pillows make us want to dive right into bed. Pops of cool blue—super-soft throw, nightstand, and a handmade terra cotta lamp—are prime for relaxation.
Saunders Striped Border Bedding
Adrian Terra Cotta Lamp Collection
7. A wall-mounted bar saves space and transforms your favorite bottles of booze into soirée-ready art. And this statement-making sideboard flaunts Chinese Chippendale elements and enough room to stash and display entertaining essentials. Pro tip: When it comes to glassware, think beyond just drinking. Look for dazzling details, like embossed honey bees.
Bee Glassware Collection
8. A lounge-worthy daybed bridges the gap between snuggling and snoozing—making it ideal for a multipurpose or guest room. A large, round mirror reflects light and opens up the space. The black-and-white palette works particularly well with the refined furnishings—an open shelving unit, faux marble side table, and oil rubbed bronze floor lamp.
Miles Redd Golightly Mirror
Miles Redd Faux Marble Side Table
9. No coat closet? No problem! This rack is a genius solution for hanging jackets and all manner of outerwear. Plus, the lattice shelves hold boots, hats, and bags—keeping them from becoming cluttered.
Niles Double Coat Rack
10. Whether you work from home full-time or just need a place to get stuff done, when it comes to creating the perfect office, it’s all about the three P’s—practically, productivity, and polish. A spacious writing desk provides plenty of surface area to spread out project materials, while two drawers keep your laptop and supplies tucked away when not in use. This customizable, foam-padded chair delivers comfort and style. And, of course, no office is complete without a great desk lamp.
Whitley Desk in Medium Walnut
Holden Ball Table Lamp
11. A dressing room is the ultimate “she den.” Give it some panache with poppy hues and posh fabrics. A console doubles as a vanity when paired with a dramatic mirror. And for your throne? A low-slung, 1930-inspired design with fringe trim. Floor-to-ceiling drapes extend the opulent feel.
Miles Redd Channeled Slipper Chair
Miles Redd Shell Console
12. A well-curated study harkens back to a bygone era. A pair of magenta sofas exude bold refinement, while a black lacquer bookcase is a sublime backdrop to show off an assortment of books, photos, and artifacts collected on journeys past. Finally, silver tray-topped tables are the perfect place for fresh-cut flowers or dry martinis (shaken, of course).
Miles Redd Lily Bolster Sofa
Miles Redd Silver Tray Drinks Table
Miles Redd Miles Bookcase