asian lettuce wraps
A light and crispy appetizer with a little bit of crunch.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 cups of leftover stuffing
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- Working from the base, remove the core from a head of iceberg lettuce and discard any discolored outer leaves.
- Cut the head into quarters, then carefully peel off 10 sets of two-leaf layers; each double layer will become a lettuce cup.
- Spoon 1⁄4 cup of hoisin sauce evenly among the lettuce cups, then do the same with 21⁄2 cups of leftover stuffing.
- Place 1⁄3 cup of pine nuts in a small pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until nuts are just lightly toasted, about 2 minutes (watch carefully; they burn easily).
- Sprinkle over filled lettuce cups.
Published on July 08, 2014 - 2:27pm EDT