warm summer-corn salad
A slightly charred corn dish that gives it mouthwatering flavor.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- kernels from 8 ears of corn
- Heat oil in a wide, heavy-bottomed pan over high heat until it begins to smoke (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add corn and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes. Add scallions, salt and pepper, and continue to cook until some of the corn is charred (about 5 minutes).