warm asparagus salad with teardrop tomatoes
The addition of teardrop tomatoes will turn this asparagus dish around.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 bunches thick asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 pint yellow teardrop tomatoes (room temperature)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a steamer set over boiling water, steam asparagus, covered, until just tender, (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine the grape seed oil, garlic, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Drain asparagus and add to the bowl. Gently toss and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.