super easy ribs
These slow-cooking, baby-back ribs require no marinating and almost no effort.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 racks of top-loin ribs (commonly called baby back ribs) 2lbs each
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Turn on one side of a gas grill to medium-high heat. Cover and preheat until the thermometer registers 300 F.
- Sprinkle the ribs evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Place bone side down, as far from the flame as possible (you can also use a second-tier rack). Cover and cook until the meat pulls back slightly from the bones (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- When ribs are cooked, brush one side of a rib rack with the sauce, flip onto the flame, sauce side down, and cook until glazed, about 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat on other side.
- Remove from the grill and repeat glazing with other rib racks.
- Cut between the bones and serve.