smoked salmon crepes
Salmon shows up at the next dinner party as a delectable bite-sized treat. Recipes by Alison Lueker-Ritter of Sun in My Belly.
Ingredients (Serves 16)
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed each piece cut into 4 squares
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, sliced thinly
- ½ an avocado peeled and sliced thinly, then cut into small, ¼” pieces
- ¼ cup pickled beets chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions, green parts only
- ½ teaspoon lemon oil
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread the bread with the soft butter and place on sheet trays, toast the bread until just crisp, 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, toss the pickled beets with the scallion and the lemon oil.
- Assemble the canapés. On each toast square, place a nice curl of smoked salmon, a small dollop of the pickled beet mixture, and 1-2 pieces of the avocado. Garnish with lemon zest or scallion.