salad in a jar
An explosion of flavor packed into a small container.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (light or dark)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) crumbled French feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 head radicchio, sliced crosswise into ribbons
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- Whisk together the oil, cranberry juice, mustard, agave nectar, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the tarragon, if using. Place the beans in the bowl with the dressing, stir to coat, and set aside.
- Place 1/8 cup of the bean mixture in the bottom of a short mason jar. Follow with 1 tablespoon feta, 1/2 tablespoon cranberries, 1/8 of the radicchio, and 1/8 of the red lead lettuce. Repeat with the remaining jars.