roasted brussels sprouts and chestnuts
Got brussels sprouts-haters at the table? Convert them with a recipe that involves caramelizing and chestnuts.
- 3 pints brussels sprout
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 roasted chestnuts (about 4 oz.), peeled and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Trim root ends of brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise and place on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Add olive oil, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer, pick out and discard any loose leaves, and place the pan in the oven.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes, until sprouts are deep golden brown in places.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and sprinkle with chestnuts.