A light and delicious fish dish.
- 10 branzini (1 1/4lb each) cleaned heads and tails intact
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fennel fronds, chopped
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 10 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 30 fresh bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Make three diagonal cuts in the flesh of the fish on both sides.
- Set on two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Divide garlic, fennel fronds, lemon slices, and rosemary sprigs among the fish cavities.
- Place bay leaves in the cuts on top sides of the fish, roast until the flesh is opaque, for about 20 minutes.