pesto pasta salad
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1¾ cups parsley, chopped
- 2 cups basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 12½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 5 cups arugula, chopped
- 2½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus additional for garnish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound dried pasta, such as orecchiette or penne rigate
- Whisk all ingredients except the pasta together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto and garnish with Parmesan.
- Serve warm or cold.