persimmon bread pudding
bread pudding, aka the sexy little sister to the basic French toast, is ideal for “day before” prep.
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 1 loaf bread
- 1 jar orange marmalade
- 1 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split with seeds scraped
- 2 persimmons, cut into 1” pieces
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice bread 1” slices and then 1” logs. In a large bowl whisk together marmalade, milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla bean. Place bread in the bowl and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Arrange bread in loaf pan and squeeze in persimmons. Refrigerate overnight or bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the egg is set and the top is slightly browned. Serve immediately with whipped cream.