orzo with lemon, feta, currants, and pickles
Flavorful additions to a delicious side dish.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 lb. orzo
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (about 4 oz.) crumbled feta
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup (about 2 oz.) dried currants
- 10 cornichons, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook it until it’s al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water for about 30 seconds, until the orzo arrives at room temperature.
- Place in a serving bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.