mixed greens with sautéed pears
A simple salad that gets its sweet-tart kick from the combo of ripe, juicy pears and a dash of vinegar.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for dressing
- 2 pears, each cored, stemmed and cut into 16 slices
- 6 to 8 cups mixed greens
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon flour
- In a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, sauté pears in batches with olive oil.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Spoon warm pears onto greens. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Extra Credit: Combine Parmesan with flour. Using a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sprinkle a thin layer of the mixture into 2" to 3" circles in the pan. Cook as many as will fit, leaving some space in between. When they begin to sizzle and the underside is golden, flip and cook until other side is golden. Remove from pan and let cool on plate, then add to salad.