lobster rolls with caper remoulade
Mini versions of summer's fanciest and most scrumptious treat from Alison Lueker-Ritter of Sun in my Belly.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallion, green parts only
- 2 leaves bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 6 small yeast rolls or small buns, cut on top almost all the way through
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon rind and juice, capers, and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Makes about 1-1/3 cups.
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, gently toss the lobster meat with half of the remoulade and the scallions. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour for the flavors to mingle.
- Spread the inside of the sliced rolls with the soft butter on both sides. Fill each with a few pieces of the torn lettuce and stuff with the lobster filling.
- Garnish with extra parsley leaves of a few grinds of fresh cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.