kale salad with watermelon radishes
Brimming with flavor and color, this fresh take on kale salad is perfect for whipping up for a summer luncheon.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, preferably lacinato (Toscano or "dinosaur") variety, stems removed and leaves sliced into ribbons
- 3 small watermelon radishes, trimmed and sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews, toasted (see note)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set the dressing aside. In a large serving bowl, toss the kale with the radishes. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing and garnish with the cashews and raisins. Serve.
- Note: To toast the cashews, heat them in a dry pan over medium-high heat until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, and being careful not to let the nuts burn.