herb parmesan butter
like regular butter, but better.
Ingredients (Serves 16)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mixed herbs. Using any combination of your favorites. Such as, basil, thyme, sage, parsley, dill, chives, tarragon, oregano or rosemary.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until herbs are distributed evenly.
- Use a hand mixer on medium speed. Use a rubber spatula and place butter on a piece of waxed paper or parchment and shape into a round cylinder shape and seal ends by twisting and securing with bakers twine.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm, at least an hour. Butter will keep in refrigerator for about 2 weeks, and in the freezer for a few months.