grilled pound cake with lemon curd
Make over a store-bought dessert in less than 10 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 4 slices dense pound cake, each 3/4" thick
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 4 sprigs mint
- Butter both sides of each slice of pound-cake. Heat a wide heavy bottomed frying pan or flat griddle pan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Place the slices in the pan and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, then flip and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Remove and place on a cutting board. Cut each slice in half. Place each slice on an individual plate with a dollop of lemon curd.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and garnish with a mint sprig.