grilled pork chops with apple-fennel slaw
Here’s a twist on veal milanese: instead of a fried and breaded veal chop, grill a pork chop pounded thin the same way.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 large radishes
- 1 red apple
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 center-cut rib pork chops (bone in; ask that they be pounded to 1⁄4" thickness)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice fennel and radishes (use a mandoline if you have one), and transfer to a large bowl. Slice apple the same way, and place in a small bowl with lemon juice. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- On a hot grill or grill pan, cook chops 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the apple (reserving the lemon juice) to the large bowl, and toss with fennel, radishes, and radicchio.
- Whisk mustard and olive oil into reserved juice, and toss with the slaw. Season to taste. Top pork chops with slaw and serve.