grilled mahi tacos
The key to good tacos is to use absolutely pristine mahi-mahi (aka dolphin fish or dorado), which is nice and firm, so it won’t overcook easily.
Ingredients (Serves 7)
- 6 skinless mahimahi fillets (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 18 tortillas (homemade or store-bought)
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet), then flip with a spatula in one swift motion and cook another 5 to 8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from grill, cut into strips and place in tortillas.
- Let guests add toppings.