grilled cheese with prosciutto and basil
Unexpected pairing of prosciutto and basil.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 4 oz. smoked mozzarella, sliced
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Spread butter on one side of both slices of bread. Lay the bread on a work surface, butter-side down, and put the fillings inside.
- Place sandwich in an already hot nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes, flip, then cook 2 more minutes.
- Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately.