Pronounced “ski-ah-CHA-ta,” grape schiacciata is a Tuscan variation on focaccia.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 lb. frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup seedless black grapes or Concord grapes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Place dough on an oiled baking sheet, and stretch into a free-form oval. Brush the top lightly with olive oil, and let rise until puffy, about 20 minutes.
- Using your fingers, dimple the dough all over, and sprinkle with grapes, encouraging them into the holes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and rosemary leaves. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.