curried sweet potato shooters
Coconut milk gives this elegant chilled soup an exotic flair.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/4 cup each of milk
- 1/4 cup each of unsweetened coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out the flesh from 2 baked sweet potatoes, and discard the skins.
- Place in a blender with curry powder and 3⁄4 cup each of milk and unsweetened coconut milk.
- Blend on high for about 10 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then chill.
- When ready to serve, divide among 10 shot glasses or sake cups and garnish with minced chives.