cucumber and dill salad
Check out one of our favorite summer recipes.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1⁄2 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- a handful of dill
- sea salt and pepper
- one cucumber
- Peel and slice the cucumber as thinly as possible.
- Heat the rice-wine vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Gradually add the sugar into the saucepan, stirring till dissolved.
- Let liquid cool while you chop the dill.
- Layer some cucumber slices in a small, sided dish and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and dill.
- Repeat layers till you’ve used all your cucumber, then pour on the vinegar liquid and cover.
- Leave in the refrigerator for an hour or even overnight.