chocolate banana pie
Behold the fabulous childhood combo of chocolate and bananas, all grown up in a pie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (put cookies in a bag and crush with a rolling pin)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ripe fresh bananas, mashed
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 container ricotta cheese (15 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried banana chips
- In an oiled 9" pie plate, combine cookie crumbs and butter until the mixture holds together. Press evenly into bottom and sides of pie plate to form crust.
- In a separate bowl, combine fresh bananas, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla and stir well.
- Add half the cocoa powder, stir thoroughly, then add the remaining cocoa powder and mix together (a few streaks of cream cheese is fine).
- Spoon mixture into piecrust, spread evenly and refrigerate uncovered for 2 hours. Sprinkle banana chips on top and serve.