Equal parts sweet and tart, this French classic is 100% scrumptious.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar plus more sprinkling optional
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cherries (Bing or Rainier) pits and stems removed
- 2 egg whites
- Whisk the ricotta cheese, confectioners sugar, cream, yolks, zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a large bowl until combined.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Brush a 10 inch ceramic pie dish or iron pan with butter and coat with granulated sugar.
- Spread cherries evenly over bottom of dish.
- Whisk eggs whites in a bowl of a stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the ricotta.
- Pour batter over the cherries just to cover.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until clafoutis is golden brown and has puffed up.